In the TOP 10 selection our favorite events are being presented, as well as destinations and other important moments, significant for our artistic journey.
…the grandiosity of the staging rivals what one might see at the Met…an overwhelming aural and visual experience… Šilec presents her arcana with a heavy dose of beauty and wonder…"
… vibrantly theatrical, genre-blurring, unusual in its techniques, eclectic in its musical style and politically charged… one hopes CS will become a regular visitor to New York…
The New York Times
… breathtaking and equally relevant multimedia suite… A Sonically Thrilling, Disquieting Premiere For Karmina Silec’s Toxic Psalms…
New York Music Daily
… striking new work by the rabidly talented Carmina Slovenica… the ensemble and its director, Karmina Silec, have created haunting images…
The New York Times
… Carmina Slovenica is the musical answer to Bausch's groundbreaking concept of Tantztheater… provocative pastich… the true highlight is the singing. Indeed, Šilec has helped to shape these young women into crack musicians…
… Carmina Slovenica are in your face, created by women, driven by women, not afraid to show their teeth or shout down injustice…pure talent and virtuosity is astounding…. the languages, time periods, and cultures blurred into visceral emotion and reaction ...
San Francisco Classical Voice
…Toxic Psalms adds a savage yet polished theatricality to the mix as well as an ambiguity all too rare in American performance. …all add up to an evening that’s bracing yet, perversely enough, enchanting...
The New York Times
...jaw-droppingly gorgeous singing…strikingly staged by Karmina Silec…Visually the show was elegantly spare…The women of Carmina Slovenica are collectively and individually heroic.., they sent their voices pealing out like a band of angels…
New York Observer
… power of the performers… haunting theatrical moments …
Wall Street Journal
... Carmina Slovenica, who’ve gained a world-wide reputation for their powers of story-telling through choral song. … joyous moments of collective energy or anarchy that these astonishing performers shone, and the piece itself really came alive.
... Vocal Theatre Carmina Slovenica like laser beams through the soul … You have to hear and see it to be able to believe it ...
... Carmina Slovenica (under conductor Karmina Šilec) is a phenomenon in itself … with its mesmerising combination of steely discipline with exuberant physicality... the sound is often the hard-edged chesty, but the young singers can shift to clean, honey-toned romanticism or glassy polytonality in the blink of an eye …
… radiate fantastic energy, composure and professionalism on stage ... In all positions fully master all techniques at all times with astonishing perfection … They can do anything … with that marvellous energy, composure and professionalism ...
"From here and now the history begins"
The first female choir in the history singing at Pope's service in the Basilica of St. Peter's, Vatican
Toxic Psalms at Prototype Festival in New York
at Prototype Festival, New York and Operadagen, Rotterdam
Eric Ericson day
Performance and afterwards meeting with maestro Eric Ericson, Stockholm
Pope's Benedikt XVI.
audience and special address to Carmina Slovenica, Vatican
international projects Songbridge 2000 and Across the bridge of Hope
Opening and closing concerts at IFCM Symposium
Krisztof Penderecki: St Luke
conducted by K.Penderecki
at America Cantat (Venezuela), Choir Olympic Games (Austria), World symposium for youth choirs Hong Kong (China)
When the mountain changed its clothing
cooperation with theatre director Heiner Goebbels
ISCM World Music Days
Theatre award Golden mask
TOP MAJOR MUSIC WORKS
1. Arvo Pärt: Como Cierva Sedienta
2. Carl Orff: Carmina Burana
3. Claude Debussy: Sirens
4. Giacomo Puccini: La Boheme
5. Giovanni Battista Pergolesi: Stabat Mater
6. Gustav Mahler: Symphony no. 8
7. Hugo Wolf: Elfenlied
8. Johann Sebastian Bach: Magnificat
9. Krizstof Penderecki: Lukas passion
10. Peter Iljič Čajkovski: Nutcracker
11. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Requiem
TOP PERFORMING LOCATIONS
1. Saint Petersburg Philharmonic Hall
2. Teatro Colón Buenos Aires
3. Davies Symphony Hall San Francisco
4. Teresa Careño Theatre Caracas
5. Hong Kong Cultural Centre
6. Théâtre de la Ville Paris
7. Metropolitan Art Space Tokyo
8. Esplanade Singapore
9. Auditorium Rome
10. Arts Centre Melbourne
11.Saint Peter's Basilica Vatican
1. Most outstanding choir of "Kathaumixw 94"
2. International competition Kalundborg – absolute first place with the maximum number of points
3. Best choir of International competition "Golden Gate", San Francisco
4. Best choir of International competition "Des Moines", Iowa
5. First prize "Summa cum laude" at European Music Festival for Young People, Neerpelt, Belgium
6. The Prešeren Fund Award for project Vampirabile to Karmina Šilec
7. The Robert Edler Prize for choral music to Karmina Šilec
8. Award Golden Mask for "The Best Foreign Production Presented in Russia in 2015"
9. Silver Order of Service of Republic of Slovenija for "extraordinary contribution to the Slovenian and international music culture"
10. The International Theatre Institute (ITI) Award (Music Theatre Now) to Karmina Šilec
11. Ford Award for preservation of natural and cultural heritage
TOP FUN THINGS
It is of no less importance that the young consider the choir not as a competitive machine, but rather as time for singing and having fun.
A special bond exists among us. It is about communication through learning of new songs from all over the world, learning of new choreographies, singing techniques, about working together and socializing while developing our inborn potentials which are being refined by experience we gain.
There is no halfway of doing things and every detail is important, even if it does not look like that. It is all about love of music, will, joy and friendship. As a whole we are able to connect with those who listen to us and also hear what we want to say …
Our choir represents happiness, enjoyment, socializing, friendships, the exploring of other countries, education, and millions of other things …
There is only one passion that exists in our choir. A passion for singing. Together we make up a harmonious and organized choir, full of various friendships, and that is why we are so good!
This choir is something special. What joins us is friendship, kindness, patience, understanding, a desire to learn new beautiful songs, and success, of course, which is part of it all.
I joined this choir by accident but it became a part of me and I cannot imagine my life without music any more.
This choir gave me so many beautiful moments which will stay in my memory forever.
I would wake up at 4 a.m. for this choir, if I had to.
Singing in the choir unites us. We are all different and equal at the same time.